Kiss me, I'm Catholic.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

A Meeting of Bloggers

On Tuesday I went to Mass at the shrine of Saint Francis of Assisi in (where else?) San Francisco, and afterwards I went to Erik's lecture on Fra Angelico, which was excellent. Patrick of Orthonormal Basis and Deirdre of Give Tongue were also there, and I had a great time talking with them.

Something from Erik's lecture that quite shocked me was the revelation that this fresco is not actually by Fra Angelico. Good grief!

This painting is still definitely by Fra Angelico:



I just love that Turkish carpet that everyone is standing on.

Before I go, one more link: St. Anthony of Padua Institute. Erik is encouraging everyone to join, Bay Area Catholics in particular. The Institute's ultimate goal is to found a Catholic liberal arts college in the Bay Area.


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com