Kiss me, I'm Catholic.

Monday, August 08, 2005

"Long time ago in the faraway galaxy..."

This is hilarious: a bootleg Chinese DVD of Revenge of the Sith with wacked-out English subtitles. "Revenge of the Sith" is rendered as "Backstroke of the West," "the Jedi Council" as "the Presbyterian church," and there are mysterious references to elephants and augury. At first I thought it had to be a fake, but apparently there are plausible explanations for the weirdness: for instance, the Chinese word for "West" sounds a lot like "Sith."


A Bit of Dialogue

BATTLE DROID: Superior, they have escaped a day after the fair.

GENERAL GRIEVOUS: I should really feeds you all dog.

ANAKIN: Space general, you and not equal to I think severe.


Combined with the screen shots... well, let's just say that it leaves "All Your Base" in the dust. Whew.


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com