Kiss me, I'm Catholic.

Monday, July 18, 2005

The Best Articles on Harry Potter

I know that most of you are sick of hearing about Harry, but I feel obligated to defend Mrs. Rowling from truly unfair attacks. I think that all of these articles are much fairer to Harry Potter than, say, Michael O'Brien's articles.

Regina Doman on Harry Potter

Character, Choice, and Harry Potter

Fantasy and the Occult in Children's Literature

History According to Harry (This one is certainly... creative.)

The Candy Man (This is about Roald Dahl, not HP - but I think it proves that HP is nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to children's lit. When are we going to see all the Catholic critiques of James and the Giant Peach? Or Matilda? I think those books permanently warped my mind... ^_^ Not to mention The BFG and The Twits, which are two of the grossest books I've ever read. They make the humor in HP seem the apogee of taste.)


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com