Kiss me, I'm Catholic.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Aliens in This World on Catholic Fandom

An insightful post at an insightful blog: When Religion is Your Fandom. I've come to realize the danger of this during the past year, especially after my first year at Christendom, where I had the privilege of participating in a living breathing Catholic culture, as opposed to staring feverishly at blogs on my computer screen until the ungodly hours of the night.

And this blogger also has a song parody titled "Chant in Latin." I'm afraid I don't know the original, but it's still funny and elegant:

Everyone knows some hymn
we'd be better off without;
We'd best not say what's lame.
OCP might be about.
But why commit your budget,
and risk your range's strain,
When a little chant in Latin
is all public domain? ....

This blog goes back to 2002! Why haven't I seen it before?


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com