Kiss me, I'm Catholic.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

What's Your Medieval Personality?



You are a "nervous" Melancholic, with an abundance of black bile. Melancholics are characterized by the element of Earth, the season of Autumn, middle-aged adulthood, the color blue, and the characteristics of "Cold" and "Dry."

If you were living in the Age of Faith, perfect career choices for you would be contemplative religious, theologian, artist, or writer.


See: Melancholic, Choleric, Sanguine, Phlegmatic.


This is a cool personality test. I haven't seen it anywhere else on St. Blog's, but it's the most insightful, useful and Catholic one I've come across. It's the only one I've taken that really describes me - very accurately, in fact. The description of each of the temperaments seems to be taken from a book by one Rev. Conrad Hock. He applies the temperaments to education and the spiritual life and comes up with some interesting observations.

Confession is a great burden to the melancholic, while it is comparatively easy to the sanguine. The melancholic wants to manifest himself, but cannot; the choleric can express himself easily, but does not want to.


Sigh... How true.

A lot of the "characteristics of the melancholic" listed on this site are also listed as "symptoms of ADD" in other places. When I was a kid, a lot of these traits made school difficult for me, and I was diagnosed with ADD and put on Ritalin for five years. Now I find it easier to put on a sanguine face when dealing with people, but it is difficult and feels a bit dishonest.


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com